Have you thought about pursuing a career in financial advising? Get on the right track with the 100% online Bachelor of Arts in Financial Planning degree program from the University of the Virgin Islands. With the real-world curriculum provided in this program, you will gain the knowledge needed to advise individuals on how to reach their financial goals.
- WHAT WILL I LEARN IN THIS ONLINE BACHELOR OF ARTS IN FINANCIAL PLANNING DEGREE PROGRAM?
As a graduate, you will gain a fundamental understanding of estate, risk management, retirement, and tax planning.
- WHAT CAREERS CAN I PURSUE WITH AN ONLINE BACHELOR OF ARTS IN IN FINANCIAL PLANNING DEGREE?
Upon graduation of this program you will have the knowledge to step into the career as a personal financial advisor or a financial services sales agent.
- HOW LONG IS THE ONLINE BACHELOR OF ARTS IN FINANCIAL PLANNING DEGREE PROGRAM?
The online Bachelor of Arts in Financial Planning degree program from start to finish is designed to be completed in 38 months however, it could take less time depending on how much transfer credit you receive and how many classes you take every term. The total program credit hours are 120.
- HOW MUCH WILL THE ONLINE BACHELOR OF ARTS IN FINANCIAL PLANNING DEGREE PROGRAM COST?
The undergraduate rate is $434 per credit hour, no additional institutional fees. UVI also offers scholarships and financial aid for those who qualify.
When Can I Start?
Courses begin monthly, so we’re ready when you are. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our accredited degree programs, financial assistance opportunities or enrollment process.
Bachelor of Arts in Financial Planning Degree Program Outcomes
After successfully completing UVI’s 100% online Bachelor of Arts in Financial Planning program, you will be able to:
- Apply and evaluate financial planning theories in an integrated approach to real-life financial planning situations based on the Certified Financial Planning principles
- Advise individuals and families on a variety of complex financial issues
- Develop, design, and maintain tailored and comprehensive financial plans
- Analyze the ethical responsibility of financial planners and leaders in the financial planning industry
- Demonstrate critical thinking through applying decision – support tools
- Distinguish the theories, principles and concepts related to the foundational areas of business
PROGRAM COMING SOON
The Bachelor of Arts in Financial Planning will prepare you for financial advising and planning opportunities in the private sector.
Potential career paths and positions include:
- Personal Financial Advisors
- Credit Counselors
- Sales Agents, Securities and Commodities
- Sales Agents, Financial Services
The median wage for personal financial advisors in 2016 was $90,530.1
The median wage for credit counselors in 2016 was $44,380.2
The median wage for sales agents in 2016 was $67,310.3
Employers can include:
- Banks and investment firms
- Finance companies and insurance agencies
- Self-employed or a small investment firm