Bachelor of Arts Interdisciplinary Studies & Strategic Communication - ONLINE DEGREE PROGRAM
The Bachelor of Art in Interdisciplinary Studies with a concentration in Strategic communications will provide you with the skills to boost your career in communications, mass media or technical writing. This program will provide you with relevant knowledge, with a strong emphasis on communication.
- What will I learn in the Bachelor of Arts – Interdisciplinary studies – Strategic Communication online program? This program gives you the flexibility in curriculum to achieve your learning goals and strengthens your knowledge in the field of communications.
- What careers can I pursue with an online Bachelor of Arts – Interdisciplinary Studies – Strategic Communication? The skills you learn in this program; media, public relations, core writing and communication I are critical for success in all professional settings.
- How long is the Bachelor of Arts – Interdisciplinary Studies – Strategic Communication online degree program? The online Bachelor of Arts – Interdisciplinary Studies – Strategic Communication degree program from start to finish is designed to be completed in 38 months however, it could take less time depending on how much transfer credit you receive and how many classes you take every term. The total program credit hours are 120.
- How much will the online Bachelor of Arts – Interdisciplinary Studies – Strategic Communication degree program cost? The undergraduate rate is $434 per credit hour, no additional institutional fees – lower if you’re a member of the military, a veteran or part of a military family. UVI also offers scholarships and financial aid for those who qualify.
- WHEN CAN I START? Courses begin every eight weeks, so we’re ready when you are. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our accredited degree programs, financial assistance opportunities or enrollment process.
After successfully completing UVI’s 100% online Bachelor of Arts – Interdisciplinary Studies – Strategic Communication program, you will be able to:
- Use critical thinking skills to effectively solve problems
- Use appropriate communication skills across settings, purposes and audiences
- Critically solve communication problems ethically
- Effectively analyze and synthesize knowledge from a variety of academic disciplines
- Demonstrate skills in research while applying various communication theories in writing and presentation across a variety of disciplines
- Demonstrate the ability to create and present a strategic communication plan that integrates information from a variety of sources
- Demonstrate familiarity with terminology and concepts basic to the field of strategic communication
PROGRAM COMING SOON
University of the Virgin Islands 100% online coursework is designed to help you prepare for success in your next career. Potential career paths and positions include:
- Advertising and Promotions Managers
- Green Marketers
- Public Relations and Fundraising Managers
- Communications Teachers, Postsecondary
- Public Relations Specialists
The median wage in 2016 for Advertising and promotions Mangers was $100,8101
The median wage in 2016 for Green Marketers was $100,8102
The median wage in 2016 for Public Relations and Fundraising Managers in 2016 was $107,3203
• Banks, investment firms or insurance agencies
• Small businesses
• Start-ups – possibly your own
• Retailers, manufacturers, services, etc.
• Government – local, state and federal