Want to gain the knowledge in technologies and procedures needed to secure information systems? University of the Virgin Islands Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security will give you all of the knowledge needed to identify security risks and create effective strategies when protecting an organization.
- What will I learn in the Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security online program? The curriculum in the Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security focuses on security basics, computer architectures, networking protocols and operating systems. As a graduate, you will have the abilities to analyze and educate members of an organization on the importance and responsibility of securing their systems. The courses in the online Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security will prepare you to sit for standard industry certifications in Network+, Security+ and CISSP.
Note: University of the Virgin Islands online cannot guarantee successful completion of those exams. Field experience and/or background checks may be necessary for eligibility to take or successfully pass the exams.
- What careers can I pursue with an online Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security degree program? Graduates from the Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security pursue a number of information security careers like IT security specialist, information security analyst or network administrator.
- How long does the Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security online degree program take? The Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security online degree program from start to finish is designed to be completed in 38 months, however, it could take less time depending on how much transfer credit you receive and how many classes you take every term. The total program credit hours are 120.
- How much will the online Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security degree program cost? The undergraduate rate is $434 per credit hour, no additional institutional fees. UVI also offers scholarships and financial aid for those who qualify.
- WHEN CAN I START? Courses begin every eight weeks, so we’re ready when you are. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our accredited degree programs, financial assistance opportunities or enrollment process.
Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security online degree program outcomes.
After successfully completing UVI’s 100% online Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security program, you will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the discipline
- Analyze a system, and identify and define the security risks and requirements for secure operation
- Design, implement and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component or program to meet security needs
- Address professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- Analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations and society
- Recognize the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development
- Use current techniques, skills and tools necessary for computing security practice
- Identify and analyze security risks of an information system
- Develop security and recovery policies appropriate to an information system
PROGRAM COMING SOON
Pursue an online degree in Cyber Security solutions and prepare for a career as a professional information security specialist or analyst.
Potential career paths and positions include:
According to the National Bureau of Labor and Statistics, Cyber Security Analysts’ jobs are supposed to grow 26% (much faster than average) and the median pay rate in 2016 was $92,600 per year.1 Network Administrators also require a bachelor’s degree in most cases and the median salary in 2016 was $79,700.2
Employers can include:
- Professional, scientific and technical services
- Multi-National Corporations
- Financial institutions
- Large-scale retailers
- Major manufacturers
- Government – local, state and federal